Job Title: Accountant
Job Grade: Professional Staff
Responsible To: National Coordinator
Job Purpose: To provide support in the general ledger reconciliation, bank reconciliation, data entries into ACCPAC, processing of payables and Receivables and the handling of petty cash.
Specific duties will be as follows:
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processing all disbursements emanating from Zambia CBNRM Forum and ensuring that payments are made only against adequate supporting documents and according to sound accounting principles. This includes reviewing disbursements requests and writing payment vouchers.
- Ensuring that all entries relating to disbursements, receipts or adjustments are posted in the relevant ledgers in the cashbook and ACCPAC, printed and checked against source documents at least weekly. The objective of this task is to allow for a thorough checking of financial data well ahead of the monthly financial closing and subsequent preparation of the monthly financial report
- Producing monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Preparation of Quarterly Financial Reports for Board and Management
- Ensuring adherence to Monthly Statutory obligations such as NAPSA & PAYE ensuring Annual returns for Registration and other related payments are remitted before due dates.
- An analyzing and reconciling telephone account with a view to ensure that the telephone calls tracking system is running well.
- Projects are charged the true costs of their telephone and facsimile usage
- Personnel are made to pay for their use of telephone and facsimile facilities.
- Checking and coding suppliers’ invoices, preparing vouchers and ensuring that payments are made only against adequate supporting documentation. This is done within one week of receiving invoices.
- Preparation of books in readiness for Audit at the end of each Financial Year
- Filing of all finance related documents and maintaining the filing system in an orderly manner.
- On the request of the National Coordinator, travel to the field and offer financial and accounting support as may be deemed necessary.
- Any other duties that may be assigned to the officer from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Diploma in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, Business Administration or related finance field, or at least Second Level Professional CPA/ACCA Qualification
- At least 2 years experience in financial/project administration and management within an international organization, multinational company or government service
- Good working knowledge of ACCPAC
- Financial management/accounting skills essential. Organizational, communication and computer skills (particularly knowledge of windows based word processing, spreadsheets, database, email and intranet tools) Ability to set priorities and complete work with minimal supervision to strict deadlines. Knowledge and understanding of conservation issues will be beneficial. This position requires initiative and a flexible, friendly and cooperative personality. Good working knowledge of the region of responsibility would be an asset. Fluency in English is essential.
Skills and Competencies
- Self motivated individual able to meet deadlines under pressure
- Advanced PC skills, particularly knowledge of MS Excel software
- Ability to work as a team member and take instructions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills ,with fluency (spoken and written)in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Competence in driving off road vehicles is an added advantage.
This job covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to the project’s/ organization’s needs.
All applications, clearly indicating the position being applied for should be submitted to email@example.com by the 6th of July 2018.