Zambart is a research-based non-governmental organisation that conducts health research on issues of public health importance, including the dual epidemics of TB and HIV in Zambia. Research conducted by Zambart takes place within the health facility, laboratory, as well as the community. Zambart is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic candidates to fill in the following vacant positions to man the Chief Executive’s Office.
To support our wide range of research activities, Zambart is looking for ambitious and suitably qualified persons to fill the following positions:
Reports to Executive Director (in the absence of the COO)
The Communications Manager is primarily responsible for external and internal communication of Zambart’s strategic priorities, plans and achievements through various forms of printed, electronic, and social media. The position will ensure that Zambart is kept abreast with policy and legislation changes through a review and analyses of all national and international publications. The Communications Manager will promote the work of Zambart, both internally within the organization, and externally through the development of reports, and media briefings where appropriate.
- Communicates the Organization’s work with external stakeholders through the development and publication of the Zambart Annual reports and newsletters.
- Maintains and updates the Zambart website and other electronic media platforms.
- Takes the lead in organizing media outreach, arranges media contacts, press briefings and interviews.
- Provides talking points and other materials as needed for senior staff.
- Develops and maintains an organizational newsletter that provides updates and progress reports on Zambart studies for internal communication.
- Accompany study teams in the field to enable the development of newsletters and interest stories that document the progress of the studies.
- Acts as the principle focal point for all study related communication between Zambart and the Study funders/sponsors.
- Coordinate all study visits and tours to study sites by funders, sponsors. Photographers/filming crews.
- First degree in a communications-related subject or equivalent experience – a Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience in the use of MS Word/Excel/Power Point.
- Experience in the use of web-tools such as Webpress is an added advantage
- Familiar with public relations strategies and advocacy approaches
How to apply
Applicants meeting the criteria for the above jobs should send their latest CVs to the email address below;
Email: Jobs@zambart.org.zm or send your application to
Human Resources Manager
Zambart House, UNZA School of Medicine, Off Nationalist Road
PO Box 50697
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 13th July 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.