Zambart is a research-based non-governmental organisation that conducts health research on issues of public health importance, including the dual epidemics of TB and HIV in Zambia. Research conducted by Zambart takes place within the health facility, laboratory, as well as the community. Zambart is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic candidates to fill in the following vacant positions to man the Chief Executive’s Office.
To support our wide range of research activities, Zambart is looking for ambitious and suitably qualified persons to fill the following positions:
Grants and Contracts Administrator
Responsible to Executive Director
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Manage grants and contracts providing pre-award support to Principal Investigators applying for funding through a variety of funding agencies; identifies grant opportunities and acts as liaison between Principle Investigators, sub-recipients and funding agencies; provides analytical and financial support in grant development process and subsequently in processing contracts and grant administration. Involves activities associated with managing of research efforts by performing some or all of the following: coordinating and developing a final proposal in accordance with Zambart and agency requirements, administering and monitoring contract and grant awards, including subcontract/sub award administration in compliance with regulations, terms and conditions.
- Maintains an up to date database of available grant opportunities
- Assists the grant writing team to ensure the development of proposals in line with the requirements of the funders and Zambart.
- Ensures that the grant writing team members are informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables to enable the submission of grant proposal according to the timelines
- Participate in the negotiation of grants and contracts
- Oversee and manage the contracting process between Zambart and the funders
- Ensure the grants are implemented according to the operational and financial requirements of the funder and the organization
- Compare funder policies with those of Zambart to ensure that all funder requirements will be met
- Coordinate the development and implementation of sub-contracts
- Provide guidance on grants and contracts process and reporting to Zambart personnel working on various grants
- An undergraduate degree with a concentration in business, management or finance, with 5 years’ experience managing grants. An MBA will be an added advantage.
- Excellent project management skills with experience in development, managing and supervising of grants implementation
- Ability to work within a team
- Experience in development of budgets and evaluation plans
- Knowledge of specific rules and regulations relating to different research grant and/or contract activity
- Proficient use of computers; requires solid working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Access, Excel, Power Point).
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail.
How to apply
Applicants meeting the criteria for the above jobs should send their latest CVs to the email address below;
Email: Jobs@zambart.org.zm or send your application to
Human Resources Manager
Zambart House, UNZA School of Medicine, Off Nationalist Road
PO Box 50697
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 13th July 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.