Permitting Specialist / Office Administrator
Location: Project site dependent, Zambia (Lusaka, Zambia & Periodic Overnight Stays in Rural Communities)
Employment type: Contract for 6 months with permanent employment thereafter
Position to be filled by: Q3 2018
Standard Microgrid establishes solar powered electrification in rural communities throughout Zambia. The Permitting Specialist’s key role is to work with the Sales Manager to secure permits and land use rights from local authorities. The Permitting Specialist will also provide administrative support to the Sales Manager, Operations Manager and Executive Team. The Permitting Specialist will report directly to the Sales Manager.
- Performing pre-installation community and stakeholder engagement as well as gathering site data during assessment.
- Document permitting road map for each site, including specific permits required, counter parties and contact information.
- Serving as Standard Microgrid’s primary point of contact for all counter parties during the permitting process.
- Coordinating logistics for trips required for the permitting process
- Driving the permitting process to a conclusion
- Maintaining a permitting tracking report of all sites
- Escalating sites where challenges are experienced
- Developing standardized templates for permitting process to facilitate the process
- Providing administrative support to the Executive Team
- Preparing sales logs and providing administrative support to the Sales Manager
- Providing administrative support to the Operations manager
- Answering the company phone line and directing calls appropriately
- Supporting the customer service centre – logging customer service tickets
- Preparing expense reports
Personal Development Opportunities
- A fast-paced environment where constant change is the norm and individual initiative-taking is encouraged.
- Potential for promotion to Area Sales Manager
- Working both in the office and in the field.
- Being at the forefront of rural electrification in Africa.
- Building a clean energy future.
- A passion for organization, details, and precision in all you do.
- A Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 4+ years’ of administrative experience
- Fluency in Nyanja and English, both in written and oral communications.
- Passion for serving and engaging customers.
- Advanced proficiency with computers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Practiced flexibility to lend a hand wherever needed.
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail is essential.
- Resourceful, hardworking and honest.
- Driver’s license and own transport preferable.
Preferential Skills and Experience
- Experience in dealing with local authority permitting is preferable
- Knowledge of the energy, clean tech or utility sectors.
- Fluency in more Zambia languages Bemba, Tonga etc.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Travel allowance
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs with a separate cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees. Please state the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com