J&J Transport Zambia Ltd is looking for a suitably qualified individual who will be able to contribute to organizational excellence by assisting in the Company’s fleet operations by achieving accurate and timely results.
Position: Operations Assistant
Reports to: Zambia Operations Manager
- Ensure cargo is allocated to trucks with due consideration to customer requirements and nature of the cargo;
- Ensure required arrangements are in place at all times for timely loading and offloading of cargo;
- Update customers on the position of the cargo as and when changes take place; update Customer specific delivery details when needed and/or required with the use of the Company’s freight systems;
- Coordinate with the team on the loading and off-loading of trucks in Zambia and or other locations;
- Ensure required arrangements are made and communicated to the relevant parties to enable late release and offloading of trucks at various locations – this includes weekend off/loading;
- Communicate/coordinate requirements for specific loads to drivers and follow up to ensure all instructions are followed;
- Monitor satellite tracking to identify drivers “not moving” and or any problems with reporting of satellite units;
- Liaise with appropriate representatives to ensure that all issues are dealt with, response times remain quick and that border clearances and turnaround of trucks remain high priority;
- Liaise with Documentation Department and/or legal Department and ensure that the trucks have got valid documents, insurances, licenses and inspections;
- Ensure appropriate supervision of all drivers under your control.
- Assist in breakdown and accident recovery.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Relevant educational qualifications and training in Logistics and Freight Management;
- Member of Zambia Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport; holder of CILT certification;
- 3-5 years’ experience with IT knowledge and excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products (word; excel; power point);
Preferences for candidates that are:
- Available immediately
- Work at faster than average pace and can make quick decisions without compromising quality or Company standards.
- Have an active, positive response to a variety of challenges and time pressures whilst still maintaining accuracy.
- Can carefully and critically analyse new data, ideas or innovation to minimise risks.
- Has good communication and Co-operation skills.
- High levels of responsibility and accountability.
Interested candidates are to send a cover letter and their CVs (no more than three pages) with copies of their qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 9th July 2018.
NOTE: All applicants are thanked for their interest, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted further once having completed assessments.