DIVISION: Sales – Zambia (Lusaka)
JOB TITLE: Sales Representative – Junior
REPORTING TO: Operations Manager
COMMENCEMENT DATE: To Be Confirmed
APPLICATION CLOSES: 22 July 2018
2. JOB SPECIFICATION
- Generating sales from new and existing businesses
- Growing his/her region by 10% year on year
- Introducing and growing the Select PPE brand
- Introducing and growing the product categories/brands within the Select PPE portfolio
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Research: Obtain knowledge on potential customers
- Market research and analysis done at each customer to identify risks and opportunities by using methods such as the internet, social media e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook and or other material such as industry specific magazines and books. Needs to understand who is the decision maker of implementing and buying PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) i.e. Safety Manager, SHEQ Manager, Occupational Hygienist, Buyer etc. Identify the size of potential business that could be generated out of each potential customer. Needs to understand the structure of the targeted customer i.e. number of staff using PPE, what PPE is being used on site, identifying competitors currently supplying the targeted customer.
Identifying the needs of the customer
- Performing and compiling a PPE Assessment whereby the needs of the customer is identified as well as education on PPE is provided to the customer. Identifying and recommending suitable PPE for each application performed on site. Providing samples to trial and test (should it be required) in order for the customer to provide feedback.
- Training at customer level
- Customer appointments/visitations
- Achieving annual and monthly budgets agreed upon
- Update weekly reports on daily activities
- Update and submit monthly reports
- Internal and external training to be attended
- Generating quotations and following up on initial orders being placed and ensuring stock is delivered and invoiced
- Customer Service
- Weekly Meetings
- Growing His/Her Region By 10% Year On Year
- Introducing And Growing The Select Ppe Brand
- Introducing And Growing The Product Categories/Brands Within The Select PPE Portfolio
- Customer Database
- Customer Relationship Management
3. PERSON SPECIFICATION
a) Grade 12 essential
b) Sales and Marketing Qualification advantageous
c) Occupational Health Courses would be advantageous.
d) Good references.
e) Computer literate: Microsoft Office
a) Minimum of three years Sales experience.
b) Valid Driver’s license and own transport.
c) Able to work under pressure.
d) Other languages advantageous: French and/or Portuguese
a) Must have the ability to construct sales, product and customer plans.
b) Be able to work independently and with people.
c) Honest, hardworking and prepared to go the extra mile.
d) Willing to work abnormal hours occasionally.
e) Good negotiation, communication, administration and presentation skills.
f) Requirement to meet deadlines and set goals.
g) Written communication and conceptualizing skills.
h) Persistence in increasing market share.
(In line with the EMPLOYMENT EQUITY objective)
- Employment Equity Applicants would be preferred.
- Preference will also be given to people with a disability who will be able to operate within the operational requirements and in the present physical facilities available in the organization.
Please apply in writing together with your CV to: Email: email@example.com
Internal applicants are to discuss their application with their Line Manager before applying. HR should inform the Head of Department of internal applicants. Should you not hear from us within 2-3 weeks after the closing date of this application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 22 July 2018.