Marie Stopes Zambia (MSZ) is a marketing-focused, results-oriented social enterprise, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive and sexual healthcare. MSZ is part of the global network that is Marie Stopes International (MSI). MSZ subscribes to the MSI goal and mission, which is to prevent unwanted births and to ensure the individual’s right to Children by Choice not Chance. Marie Stopes Zambia (MSZ) seeks qualified Service Providers with clinical experience and training in the complete SRH package including FP (family planning), ANC (antenatal care), STI treatment, HIV (PMTCT, ART and HCT) to help implement Marie Stopes’ mission. The Service Providers will be based in Solwezi, Kasama, Chipata, Kabwe and Mpika.
- Provide the complete SRH package including FP (family planning), ANC (antenatal care), HIV counselling and testing, STI treatment, care for victims of SGBV (sexual gender based violence) and PAC according to MSZ clinical protocols and any other service identified by MSZ.
- Counselling of clients and provision of advice for family planning, sexually transmitted infections, HIV/AIDS and other SRH services
- Perform and/or assist with surgical procedures at community outreach sites (including BTLs, implant insertion/removal, IUD insertion/removal)
- Preparation of procedure rooms and/or setup of outreach sites for specified procedures.
- Prescribe and dispense drugs as required
Proper use of medical equipment and supplies
- Ensures the correct disinfection and sterilization of equipment, instruments, material, linen and premises according to MSZ protocols.
- Maintaining instruments and equipment e.g. to avoid rusty and broken items.
- Notifies the Team Leader and/or Outreach Manager of repairs, maintenance or replacement of equipment and instruments.
- Ensure proper stock management i.e. proper storage of medical supplies, ordering supplies in good time to avoid stock outs, regular stock counts.
Participating in the provision of high quality care to clients including:
- Proper counselling of clients and being responsive to client needs.
- Adherence to MSZ clinical guidelines
- Implementing a smooth, efficient client flow to reduce waiting time
- Monitoring and evaluating client care continuously and make recommendations
- Ensure that emergency equipment is available and in good working condition at all times.
- Ensure that appropriate emergency drugs are available at all times
- Manage complications promptly and transfer clients following emergency preparedness and client transfer guidelines
- Prepare incident reports for any complication that occurs
- Follows the appropriate waste management protocol.
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness by following infection prevention guidelines including specific safety measurements.
Arranging for service statistics and evaluation of services through on-going data collection, research and evaluation.
- Maintaining accurate records
- Collecting of data and production of monthly reports
- Working closely with other health professionals such as MoH staff.
- Zambian Registered Nurse, Midwife or Clinical Officer qualification from a recognised institution (essential); any other Social Science, Public Health training (desirable).
- Knowledge of Clinical Health, Community Outreach, Family Planning (LARC), VMMC, HTC, ART, PMTCT and PAC
- Fluent in English- both oral and written (essential); fluent in Bemba and or Nyanja (preferred)
- At least 3 years relevant experience
- Experience providing FP and other SRH services
- Experience in working with communities
- NGO experience preferred
- Capacity to support and train other health providers and community based agents
- IT literate with strong computer skills
- Effective leadership and management skills
- Strong written, reading and spoken English language skills
- Advocacy skills: able to influence stakeholders through effective communication in a demanding external environment
- Results orientated
- High standards of performance and commitment to excellence
Attitude / Motivation:
- Committed to Reproductive Health
- Must be pro-choice and support reproductive health rights for all
- Keen to pursue personal development
Kindly note that no private or public sector practice allowed, MSZ requires total loyalty and commitment to MSZ clients.
Suitable candidates should send their detailed curriculum vitae to email@example.com . Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Deadline for applications is Friday 13th July 2018.